Hello. I just got back from a trip to Baler, Aurora in the Philippines. After visiting my sister in Cebu City I headed back to Manila but had a few days to go on another adventure. I read about Baler Aurora and how it has become a top surf destination and had many things to do. Listed below are some of the things I DID do as well as things that I would have done if I had more time to stay. One thing is for sure, I will go back to Baler and stop off at a few more of the tourist spots that are in this wonderful place. Oh yeah, the directions from Manila to Baler are listed below as well. With so many things to do in Manila, Cebu, etc… finding this gem outside of the big cities was a wonderful experience that I highly recommend.
Surfing Paradise of Sabang Beach, Beautiful Cliffs, and Waterfalls in Baler
Nestled away in the province of Aurora you will find Baler. Not long ago, Baler was known as a quiet town that really didn’t have much excitement in the area. However, recently it has become tourist spot for surfers and those who just love the scenery of majestic cliff landscapes and relaxing at Sabang Beach. Here is an itinerary of some things to do while you are in Baler, Aurora (Remember, it’s more fun in the Philippines!)
Baler Itinerary Ideas :
- Take Surfing Lessons – Do you not know how to surf? No problem. There are many surfing schools along Sabang Beach that will get you up on a board in no time. The surfing lessons cost approximately 350-500 pesos.
- Tour The Town of Baler – We suggest starting the tour at Quezon park. From there you can see the President Manuel Luis Quezon statue. Other points of interest would be to go to Museo de Baler and see all of the artifacts that represent the province of Aurora’s rich culture. Right next to Quezon park you can see statues of Rizal and Quezon at the old Baler Municipal Hall. The Church of Baler is also at this location.
- Visit Diguisit’s Beach – Only 15 minutes away from town is Diguisit Beach, located in Brgy. Zabali. You will see majestic rock formations along the cliffs. Also be sure to check out Diguisit waterfalls. You can cool off under to refreshing drops from the waterfall!
- Ermita Hill – The highest point in Baler is Ermita Hill. Climb to the top for some impressive views of the bay. There is also a shrine there called “Tromba Marina”..
- Ditumabo Mother Falls – Found in Brgy. Ditumabo San Luis. It’s a short tricycle ride away from Baler. The height of Ditumabo Mother Falls is 140 feet! Bring your camera because you will get some great pictures here.
- Eat at Baler Surfer Grill – I love to eat at the beach where you are near the waves crashing on to the shore. It’s so relaxing to me. Baler Surfer Grill was a pleasant surprise with a variety of food choices to suit most people. Other restaurants you can at in Baler are : The Rolliing Store, Yolly’s Ihaw-Ihaw, Bayler’s Inn (known for their pasta dishes), Bay’s in (try their chicken), Carlito’s Eat All You Can – I didn’t eat there, but sounds like you get a lot!, Gerry Shan’s (all you can eat for 200 pesos.
- Stay at a resort at Sabang Beach – I didn’t get to do this, but wish I could. There are several resorts at Sabang Beach that looked nice and it would have been such a treat!
You can make an itinerary for a single day or stretch it out for a weekend getaway vacation!
Manila to Baler, Aurora Directions
I guess you will need to know how to get to Baler, right? It takes about 5 hours from Manila. Here are directions that will help you get there.
Take one of the following buses :
- Genesis Bus – (contact numbers are +63 2853 3115 / +63 2709 0803 / +63 2421 1422).. The Genesis bus has air con so the ride will be comfortable. Take the bus to Baler from their Cubao Bus Terminal. At the time of this posting daily bus trips run from 3:00 AM to 7:30 AM. They take about 5 trips daily at one hour intervals. You may want to call one of the contact numbers to be sure the departure times are the same. The bus fare is 550 pesos.
- Joy bus – (contact numbers are (02) 421-145/ (02) 709-0803. The Joy Bus costs a little more but it’s a more comfortable ride. Bus passengers receive pillows, blankets (the air con works really well) and snacks during the trip and there is a stewardess there to assist any of your needs. Bus fare is 750 PHP.
How to Get to Baler from Baguio
- Lizardo Bus – They will take you to Baler from Baguio at the Slaughterhouse Terminal at 2:00 PM. The fare is 330 PHP.. I haven’t taken this bus so I don’t have any personal tips about this ride.
Directions on How to Get to Manila From Baler
The Genesis Bus runs to Pasay each day beginning at 4:30 AM in the morning. A bus departs one hour apart until 3:00 PM. You can find the Genesis Bus Station next to the Baler Bus terminal.
You can also choose to ride a passenger van or Aurora Bus to Cabanatuan.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Around Baler
If your hotel or resort is in the town proper of Baler you can ride a tricycle to Saban Beach for approximately 10-20 pesos per person.
Whole Day Tricycle Tour – 800 PHP for 3 people for the entire day. A half day tour will cost you 500 PHP for 3 mpeople.
Where To Stay in Baler : Here are the resorts that we found along the beach and in the town proper of Baler :
- Costa Pacifica Resort
- Luxus Reesidencia de Baler
- Zen Breezelands