I have a confession. I am not a morning person, but I love mornings! Does that make any sense? I should re-phrase this… “I love mornings, when I’m feeling awake and ALIVE”, rather than feeling like I’m in a zombie state. This is why I want to share two recent Dr. Oz recipes that have really helped me to “Love Mornings” again. Recently Dr. Oz and Dave Asprey shared a “Pink Latte Recipe” that peps you up but without the jittery feeling that’s I dislike from caffeine. Today, they shared “Oprah’s Breakfast Oatmeal Cookie” that is quick and easy, but also very nutritious. When I feel awake, nourished, and healthy I am ready to seize the day. When I’m tired, and follow that up with a poor breakfast, I just want to crawl back under the covers. Starting the day off on a good not is the key to having a great day in my opinion.
Oprah Winfrey’s Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 small Gala apples, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- 4 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 1/4 cups of chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cups minced dried apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground mace
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Oprah’s Breafast Cookies recipe – Preparation directions :
Ok, I had to stop, rewind, and replay the directions to get each step, but I pushed through it and here are the directions to Oprah’s Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies Recipe from today’s Dr. Oz :
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat so the breakfast cookies don’t stick to the pan. Spread the rolled oats onto the parchment paper and back for 15-20 minutes (check the oven for your preference of “doneness”). Remove and allow to cool.
- Spray some cooking spray to a non stick pan. Heat the pan over med-high heat. Add chopped apples from the ingredients list above. Cook until the apples are tender. Remove the apples into a large bowl and allow them to cool down. Add in the apple juice and mashed bananas and mix with a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl, mix up the toasted oats, walnuts, raisins, dried apples, oat flour, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, baking powder and salt (ok, all the remaining ingredients above!) Mix them all together with a large spoon, or if you don’t mind using your (freshly washed) hands <<< my preference. Mix and mash until you have formed the oatmeal breakfast cookie dough! Cover and allow the dough to rest at room temperature for approximately 10 mins.
- Scoop out pieces of dough.. Size them to form 12 cookies from the dough that you have. Shape the breakfast cookies to be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake “Oprah’s Breakfast Cookies” until golden brown. This should take 12-15 minutes depending on your stove. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- I hope you have enjoyed Oprah Winfrey’s Breakfast Cookie Recipe that she shared from today’s show. The ingredients are all nutritious and you can eat off of them all week. Great way to start the day… Accompanied with the Pink Latte in the morning of course!
Like “Fans of Dr Oz” on Facebook for more of his healthy recipes that he shares on his show!
Today’s show aired on ” April 20, 2017