Hi I’m Yulie Sullivan I am a Filipina living in United States. I love cooking everything from desserts, to main course meals. Even though I am already living in United states I still continue cooking Filipino food. I love to learn about international food too, but Filipino food is always #1 in my heart. Welcome to Philippines Food tour, have you ever tried Filipino food before? I will give you the recipes of our famous Philippines delicacy or dessert. All the Filipino food and desserts are very delicious.. I will share some of my mom’s favorite recipes that she passed down to me below. Try some of these Filipino recipes and tell me how you like them by leaving some comments 🙂
When I was in the Philippines my Mom always cooked a dessert and then we sell it to our community. My Mom is a very good cook. She loved cooking all kinds of filipino foods. And we all know that our grandma or our Moms is always the best cook in the whole World. In the Philippines most of the people love to cook dessert for many occasions throughout the year like New Years, and Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, etc.. Filipino delicacy is always famous in school and every restaurant has it in the Philippines. Specially the native restaurants in the Philippines. I will share the Pilipino delicacy recipes of my Mom favorite Filipino dessert recipes, all native delicacy that is commonly eaten every day in the Philippines.
Palitaw or Sweet Flat Rice Cake Filipino Delicacy Recipe
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 16 mins
Total time 31 mins
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 cup grated coconut
Instructions: of cooking Palitaw
- Combine glutinous rice flour, and water and mix until a dough is formed. ( properly )
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough, Then mold it into a ball-shaped figure.
- Flatten the ball-shaped dough Properly use the palm of your hands.
- Boil water in a cooking pot, then put in the flattened dough.
- When the flattened dough starts to float, Remove them from the pot, And then set it aside allowing water to drip.
- Combine sugar and roasted sesame seeds then ( mix well )
- Roll the rice cake in grated coconut, then role in the sugar-sesame seed mixture.
- Arrange in a serving plate then serve.
- There you go, You have your Palitaw dessert
- Hope you like it, If you do enjoy Palitaw, please share this with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, etc.. Thanks 🙂
Bibingka or Rice cake Filipino Delicacy Recipe
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 37 mins
Total time 52 mins
Ingredients to make Bibinka and Rice Cakes
- 1 cup rice flour.
- 1/6 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 3 pieces raw eggs
- Pre-cut banana leaf ( optional if none )
Instructions: for Bibingka dessert
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine rice flour, baking powder, and salt then mix well. ( Set aside
- Add the eggs then whisk until every ingredient is well incorporated.
- Gradually add the rice flour, salt, Sugar, & baking powder mixture then continue mixing.
- Pour-in coconut milk and fresh milk then whisk some more for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Arrange the pre-cut banana leaf on a cake pan or baking pan.
- Pour the mixture on the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the color of the top turn medium brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle some sugar on top. You can also top this with grated coconut
- This is my favorite my Mom using to cooking Bibingka before its awesome
- hope you like it, enjoy!
Shakoy Filipino Delicacy Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups of coconut milk fresh or In can
- 1 egg
- 1/4 white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extra white sugar for coating
- Oil for frying ( if you have deep fryer much better )
Instructions for cooking shakoy
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, yeast, salt then. Mix well until everything incorporated.
- Add the egg into the mixture and coconut milk and start mixing together.
- Knead the dough in clean floured surface until smooth and elastic. ( Let is rise for 1-2 hours. )
- Divide the dough into 14 pieces. Start rolling dough into cigar and twist it. ( like the picture on top)
- Let it rise for 20-30 minutes. (Enough time to heat the deep fryer on medium low)
- Fry it for about 1-2 minutes each side. Let is cool. Put in the plastic bag with sugar and shake it.
- There you go. Now you can try the famous filipino Dessert
- Hope you will like my Dessert
Thank you hope to hear from you again
Here are more of my Filipino Recipe: