Hi i’m Yulie i wanna share my experience with you about K-1 Visa processing and K-1 Visa interview
There are many things that you need to do (Checklist is listed below) before you are scheduled for the K-1 Visa interview. We recommend printing out the checklist of things to do so you can mark them off as you get each task accomplished.
Tip – Be honest during your interview and fill out all of your paperwork correctly. You will run into more hassles if you are not completely honest and your K-1 Visa could possibly get denied. Just believe in god it will approved.
K-1 Visa is also known ( fiancee visa )
A K-1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa Visa issued to the fiancé of a United States citizen. The K-1 Visa allows the visa holder to enter the United States for up to 90 days during which time they may get married and file for Adjustment of Status (to obtain a “green card” and become a Legal Permanent Resident of the US). After filing for (AOS) Adjustment of Status they may reside in the US beyond the 90 day.
K-1 Visa validity while their Adjustment of Status application is processed. While the K-1 Visa is legally classified as a non-immigrant visa, it usually leads to important immigration benefits and is therefore processed by the Immigrant Visa section of United States Embassies and Consulates worldwide.
If the non US Citizen fiancé has a child (under 21 and unmarried), a K-2 non-immigrant visa may be available to the child. Be sure to include the names of the children on the I-129F petition that you filled out.
Who can file for k-1 Visa or fiancee Visa
U.S. citizens who want to marry a foreign national in United States using k1 visa a foreign national can stay in United States and become a permanent resident of United States of America.
requirements for K-1 Visa and interview checklist
- You must be a US citizen
- You must have met in person within the past 2 years
- You both must be legally free to marry each other.
- You must seriously intend to get married within 90 days of your arrival in the U.S.
- The US citizen must meet certain financial requirements. You can view U.S. financial requirements here.
You must be a US citizen
To be able to file for k-1 visa, Not a permanent resident or green card holder, is not allowed to file for k-1 visas. You have to be born a U.S. citizen.
You must have met in person within the past two years
To apply for k-1 visa , the law requires that the petitioners and the foreign fiancee have been met in person. couple must prove that they have met and know each other in person. It is helpful if you put together a photo album of you both together.
You both must be legally free to marry
If you both been previously married you must provide proof, that your prior marriage was legally terminated, such as divorce decree or death certificate, or some country is different like Philippines which requires a CENOMAR. So, what is a CENOMAR that you ask? (A certificate from the government stating that the person has never been married).
You must Have seriousl Intentions to get married within 90 days
You both need to be seriously to intend to get married after your fiancee arrive in united states within 90 days,You need to provide proof to USCIS that you seriously intend to get married. The easiest way to accomplish this is for both of you to write a statement of intent to get married and attach them to your I-129f Petition.
K1 Visa Checklist Of Things To Do
Form needed for filling k-1 visa
- G-1145- ( optional )
After i-129f package approved your petitioners need to send all the i-129f package to you, as you need it for your visa interview in Manila embassy Philippines
List of requirements you need for k-1 interview
- 2. Valid Passport
- Birth Certificate (Certified Copy from NSO)
- NBI Clearance (National Bureau of Investigation; Green Form – For Travel)
- Police Certificates
- Marraige Records (CENOMAR, Death Certificate of previous spouse, Annulment Decree/Foreign Divorce Decree if applicable)
- Court and Prison Records (if applicable)
- Military Records (if applicable)
- Evidence of Financial Support (Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, Sponsor’s Most Recent Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040, Sponsor’s Certification of Employment, Sponsor’s 3 months most recent Pay Stubs/Slips)
- Three (3) 2×2 Colored Visa Photos
- Evidence of Relationship
- I-129F Paperwork and Evidences (Duplicate Copy)
- SLEC Medical Exam Results (IMPORTANT!)
- After visa issue you need to have a( CFO ) Commission on Filipinos Overseas.
- ones you arrive in United States you must get married within 90days
- get your Social Security Number (SSN#)
- GET State Identification (ID) before your I94 expires.
Thanks for stopping by i wish to hear from you again
drop your question i will be glad to answer it. We followed these steps and everything went ok.
here is the related post.
Thank you for visiting our sites.
#filipina #immigration #philippines