Hi it’s Yulie Sullivan again. I am a Filipina living in United States. Today I am going to give you another one of my favorite and delicious Filipino dessert recipes. My favorite hobbies is cooking. Eating and exercising hehe. I love eating and cooking but I am not a big fan of oily food, fat meat, or too sweet dessert. If you are from Asia or Philippines and you came to live in United States or visited you’ll be shocked of the food here.
When you come to United States you should know how to control your self on eating otherwise you will gain few pounds within a week. Every time I went to Walmart I always see a lot of fast food, a lot of bread. A lot of sweets and cookies. If you are a big fan of sweets, meat, bread, and fast food you would love it here.
When I was in the Philippines I always ate vegetables and fresh fish. I love all the fresh vegetables in the Philippines. However, even though I am not a big fan of sweets, that doesn’t mean that I don’t enjoy a delicious dessert at times. What I like the most is our Filipino delicacy or desserts. It’s because Filipino dessert is not too sweet and it has a very different taste. I am going to share my favorite dessert from Philippines. I am sure you would love this famous Cebuano dessert , Banana Bread, Leche Flan, Kutsinta, Recipes.
Filipino Style BANANA BREAD
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour & 5 mins
Total Time: 1 hour & 20mins
- 2 cups all purpose flour.
- 2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 cups butter.
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs.
- 2 1/4 cups mashed overripe banana.
Instructions for cooking banana bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C),Then lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, Combined flour & baking soda & salt. In a separate bowl,
Combined cream & butter & brown sugar.
Mix in the eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana the mixture into flour mixture,
Then stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Preheat oven and back for 60-60 minutes.
The Filipino style banana bread is done when a toothpick can be inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, Then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Once the banana bread is cool sliced it and put into plates.
- There you go, You have my favorite bread.
- Hope you like it. Enjoy!
Leche Flan Filipino Style Recipes
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 45 Mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 10 pieces raw eggs
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions for cooking leche flan
- Using all the eggs, Separate the yolk from the egg white then(only egg yolks will be used).
- Place the egg yolks in a big bowl, Then beat them using a fork or an egg beater.
- Add the condensed milk and mix properly.
- Pour-in the fresh milk and Vanilla. Mix it well.
- Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire.
- Put-in the granulated sugar on the mold and mix properly, until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown,
- Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold.
- After 5 minutes pour the egg yolk & milk mixture on the mold.
- Cover the top of the mold with a strip of aluminum foil.
- Steam the mold with egg & milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After steaming, let the temp cool down to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Enjoy your Leche Flan Filipino Style!
Kutsinta Filipino Dessert Recipes
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour & 20 mins
- 1 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 11/2 teaspoon lye water
- 2 teaspoon anatto seeds
Instruction for cooking Kutsinta
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, starting from the rice flour,
all-purpose flour, Then brown sugar then mix all the ingredients.
- While mixing, Add water gradually Then continue to mixing
until all ingredients are completely distributed.
- Add lye water and anatto water (soak the anatto seed in 3 tbsp water) then continue mixing.
- Place the mixture into individual molds, Then steam for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
- There you go, hope you like my delicious Kutsinta recipe!
Here are more of my cooking recipes:
Famous Cebuano dessert , Banana Bread, Leche Flan,Kutsinta, Recipes
Thank you for visiting my cooking, travelling tips and immigration blog.
Just comment below if you any questions.