Today I am going to share my famous filipino delicacy. I am originally from Philippines. But I am living in United States now. I Love travelling all around the World. I love to try new food. I been eating everywhere here in United States. And I am thinking, “Wow how I miss my Filipino food”! We can’t really deny that Filipino food is very yummy. Specially the dessert that our grandmother loves to cook every occasion.
My Mom loves to cook all kinds of Filipino food. My Mom’s favorite to cook is the Native Filipino delicacy or dessert. When I was young I was always very happy every time my Mom cooked dessert. I love Filipino food.. especially when it is spicy! I am going to travel all around the World soon. And I am going to share about my food travel with you guys so be sure to like “Dive Into The World” on Facebook! 🙂
But now that I am still in United States I will let you try and taste my Favorite Filipino Dessert. Because I was thinking, why shouldn’t I start cooking my favorite dessert while I’m here. I went to grocery and I found that there is all the ingredients that I need for my Filipino delicacy. I was very happy. I am going to give you the recipe of my favorite delicacy below.
Here is my other Recipes
Biko or Rice Cake Filipino Delicacy Recipe
Prep time 10 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
Total time 50 mins
- 2 cups glutinous rice, or sticky rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups of coconut milk fresh or in can
- Combine the sticky rice and water in a rice cooker and let it cook.
- While the rice is cooking, combine the coconut milk and brown sugar in separate cooking pot and cook it in a low heat until the texture become thick , stir constantly.
- Once the rice is cooked,And the coconut milk-sugar is thick enough, Add the rice in the coconut milk-sugar mixture then mix them well,continue mixing until the liquid is totally evaporates, ( do not overcook )
- Then scoop the Biko or rice cake into plate
- I hope you like my Biko and rice cake recipe.
Mango Float Filipino Style Recipe
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking Time 2 mins
Total Time 17 mins
- 2 tablespoon of crushed graham
- 20 pieces grahams crackers
- 1 cups all purpose cream or cowwhip
- 3/4 condensed milk
- 3 to 5 ripe mango ( thinly sliced )
- In a rectangular dish, arrange 8 to 10 pieces of graham crackers. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream,cool whip and condensed milk. ( Mix well )
- Then on the layered crackers on the bottom, spread the milk and cream mixture.
- Then spread out the thin sliced mangoes evenly on top of the cream.
- Make another layer of graham crackers; spread the cream and mango slices. (You can do lots of layers if you want)
- Garnish top layer with mango and sprinkle the crushed graham
- Refrigerate for 20 mins
- Then slice the Mango float put into plate
- I hopeyou enjoy your authentic Filipino Mango Float!
Maja Blanca Filipino Delicacy Recipe
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking time 40 mins
Total Time 50 mins
- 4 1/2 cups coconut milk fresh or in Can
- 4 cups cornstarch
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 4 cups fresh milk
- 4 cups white sugar
- 15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
- 5 tbsp toasted grated coconut ( optional )
Instructions to Make Maja Blanca
- Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil
- Add the sugar, condensed milk, and whole sweet kernel corn then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Simmer for 8 minutes
- Combine the milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted.
- Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
- Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a spatula.
- Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- enjoy my favorite Filipino delicacy. Maja Blanca at it’s finest!
Thank you so much for stopping by
Any Question just drop your comment below