Dr. Oz had a segment called “Vegan Food Hacks” that features universal favorite foods that Vegans (or those on a Vegan Diet) can still enjoy! You would think that sour cream would be off limits, but now you can enjoy it without any guilt. In fact, this Non Dairy Vegan Sour Cream Recipe is actually good for you!
Sour Cream may have been a distant memory if you have decided to live a Vegan lifestyle. You may remember the creamy coolness that was a pleasurable topping to many types of foods like chili, tacos, soups, curries, and more. This Vegan Sour Cream Recipe only uses three ingredients and couldn’t be more easier!
Vegan Non Dairy Sour Cream Recipe
This is a coconut based recipe that works great as a base to create a creamy dip. It should have the consistency to that of yogurt. It’s delicious but also nutritious!
Recipe ingredients :
- 1 400 ml can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar). D
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Preparation Directions :
- Mix in the apple cider vinegar and the full fat non dairy coconut milk
- Pour the ACV and coconut milk mixture into a glass jar and cover with a cloth. You can secure the cloth with an elastic band around the jar opening.
- Now, you just wait. Let the jar sit at room temperature for approximately 48 hours.
- You can mix in the 1/2 teaspoon of salt or leave it out of the recipe if you like.
- Stir the Vegan Non Dairy Sour Cream in the fridge. The sour cream can be stored for up to a week. The recipe will thicken as it cools in the refrigerator.
Enjoy and share with all of your friends! 🙂
Did you like today’s Dr. Oz Vegan Food Hacks episode? If so, be sure to Like “Fans of Dr Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps that features healthy recipes, weight loss tips, healthy living and nutritional advice.